If the Interfaith Meditation Initiative and its partners are successful, heightened well-being, compassion, partnerships, and insight will be more prevalent throughout society to support healthier citizens, communities, institutions, and governance. Change will manifest at all levels including:
- Recognize a deeper connection with individuals of other faiths,diminishing what has separated us and strengthening our shared humanity;
- Experience research-based benefits of meditation in daily living, among those who continue to practice meditation. (See “Benefits of Meditation.”Link to 2nd category of Meditation doc (evidence-based outcomes)
Religious Leaders will:
- Realize a deeper ground of connection with religious leaders of other faiths, infusing their ministries with enhanced insight and spiritual collegiality.
- Encourage the practice of meditation within their own faith in order to manifest the evidence-based benefits of meditation for increasing numbers of individuals and organizations.
Faith Organizations will:
- Regularly communicate empathy for people of other faiths/cultures -internally within their organizations and externally within their communities – decreasing unfavorable views and conflict and advancing mutual understanding and trust;
- Experience research-based benefits of meditation, as an organization, when a critical mass of congregants practice meditation of their faith.
- See increasing tolerance, well-being, and conflict resolution when choosing to make use of meditation practices.
- Recognize the utility of developing mindfulness through awareness practices in order to act with enhanced discernment and insight.